This event is now completed.
- This is an Outdoor Event
- Online registration closes 07/20/2021 at midnight (CDT).
- Pre-registration (online) price per splash for this event is $23.00 (USD) per dog. Payment is due upon check-in.
- Splashes can be purchased on-site the day of the event for $28.00 (USD) per dog.
- Payment is required at check-in (cash preferred). Refunds will not be issued if you fail to show up for your turn.
- "Day of Show" entries may be available until limits are reached: 45 dogs per Splash (Distance Jump), 14 dogs per Splash (Air Retrieve), unless otherwise specified.
- A NADD Registration Number is required to enter, purchase here for $
Notice: Undefined index: NADD_REGISTRATION_PRICE in /var/www/html/NADD/LiveNADD/views/event/info.php on line 521
- Splashes include up to four minutes on the dock for one optional practice jump and two judged jumps. You must inform the judge prior to your jump if you want it to be considered a "practice jump".
- The jump order is set by a posted running order. Each splash closes 30 minutes prior to start time. Failure to be present at the beginning of the splash can result if the forfeiture of jumping in that splash.
- Each distance jumping Splash allows 2 judged jumps, back to back. The longest jump of them will be your Qualifying Score.
- You can earn a Diving Dog Title at this event. You must have five Qualifying Scores within a Division. NADD titles are recognized by the AKC and CKC through their recognition programs. View their applications here (AKC) and here (CKC).
- Please read the official NADD Rules before you attend the Trial.
Try-its at this event
- Try-its will be allowed as space permits and during Splashes if no competitors are waiting to jump. Try-its cost $10.00 for two Try-it tickets. These tickets may be used on any day of the competition.
01:00 pm: Splash #1 (Distance Jump) - Must check in 30 minutes prior to start
03:00 pm: Splash #2 (Distance Jump) - Must check in 30 minutes prior to start
05:00 pm: Splash #301 (Hydro Dash) - Must check in 30 minutes prior to start
09:00 am: Splash #101 (Air Retrieve) - Must check in 30 minutes prior to start
11:00 am: Splash #3 (Distance Jump) - Starts immediately following the conclusion of previous splash
01:00 pm: Splash #4 (Distance Jump) - Starts immediately following the conclusion of previous splash
03:00 pm: Splash #5 (Distance Jump) - Starts immediately following the conclusion of previous splash
05:00 pm: Splash #6 (Distance Jump) - Starts immediately following the conclusion of previous splash
09:00 am: Splash #7 (Distance Jump) - Must check in 30 minutes prior to start
11:00 am: Splash #8 (Distance Jump) - Must check in 30 minutes prior to start
12:30 pm: Splash #302 (Hydro Dash) - Must check in 30 minutes prior to start
02:00 pm: Splash #9 (Distance Jump) - Must check in 30 minutes prior to start
04:00 pm: Splash #10 (Distance Jump) - Starts immediately following the conclusion of previous splash
COVID-19 rules will be enforced at this event, but they are subject to change at short notice as per Federal State and local guidelines.
WestRover is committed to comply with all city, state, national, NADD and AKC mandates pertaining to our location and the well-being of the public and success of dog sports. Below are WestRover’s policies and procedures pertaining to COVID-19. This plan will be in effect during the Christmas in July at WestRover event, July 23 - 25, 2021.
In compliance with the NADD Facility Event COVID Plan, it is required that all competitors sign the COVID-19 waiver, NADD waiver and the WestRover facility waiver. Each competitor is requested to print, fill out and bring each form with them to the event. In the event that a competitor does not have access to a printer or fails to bring the forms, the facility will have blank copies available.
You will be attending this event at your own risk and agree to abide by any and all COVID-19 site regulations set forth for everyone's safety and for sanitization at this event. Here are the guidelines for events in Alabama https://covid19.alabama.gov/
Our dock is located behind 280 Animal Medical Center. There is plenty of space for parking and easy ups. Please follow signs for parking.
Dry Camping Available
RVs/Campers $25 per night
Tents $15 per night
Contact Jennifer @ email@example.com to reserve a spot
Pet Friendly Area Hotels
Candlewood Suites Birmingham-Hoover (13.1 miles west of the dock)
600 Corporate Ridge Drive, Birmingham, AL 35242
Key West Inn (12 miles east of the dock)
32210 Hwy 280, Childersburg, AL, 35044
Hyatt Place Inverness (13.8 miles west of the dock)
4686 Highway 280 E, Birmingham, AL, 35242
La Quinta Inn Inverness (14.2 miles west of the dock)
513 Cahaba Park Cir, Birmingham, AL, 35242
Birmingham South RV Park (18.3 miles from the dock)
513 Cahaba Park Cir, Birmingham, AL, 35242